DURATION: Three days
COURSE DATES: 02 December 2020 - 04 December 2020
A three-day workshop and conference that covers all you need to know to develop, fund, pitch, negotiate, navigate and ultimately sell a format in the current entertainment landscape.
Formats 2021 is designed specifically to help you get a show away in the next 12 months: how to navigate the current pressures, trends, streamers, broadcaster & new platform requirements, global landscape and finance partners.
Call C21 on +44 (0) 20 7729 7460 for group discounts.
Building on the success of Formats 2020 and 2019:
For format creators, development producers, broadcast and platform executives, distribution and business affairs executives – who want to take their global formats business to the next level.
The Course takes place as part of C21’s Content London.
Days 1 and 2 at the St Pancras Renaissance Hotel and Day 3 at King’s Place.
• Global trends and market analysis – insight into what people are really watching.
• Creative strategy – from the idea, through the development process to the successful execution.
Including a masterclass on The Masked Singer with the key producers and network executives involved in bringing this worldwide smash to the screen in the US and the UK.
• Anatomy of hits and flops – detailed case studies on what works and why shows fail.
• New opportunities – how the SVOD players are changing the landscape.
• Format clinic – workshop sessions with top format creators and producers.
• Creating the pitch and targeting the customer – how to focus your format.
• The buyer’s perspective – what do top network executives look for?
• Money – how and where to secure development finance, format budget levels in 2021.
• The Deal – how to negotiate, what terms should you be looking for,
• Packaging and distribution – the changing shape of the international market.
• Format clinic – workshop sessions with leading deal makers and distributors.
• Networking cocktail at Kings Place.
UNSCRIPTED ENTERTAINMENT FORUM
• Access to all sessions at the Unscripted Entertainment Forum which takes place as part of Content London 2020. This one-day conference brings together producers, distributors and broadcasters to discuss trends and opportunities in factual entertainment programming from around the world.
• Exclusively for delegates of Formats 2020: 1-on-1 ‘speed networking’ with selected speakers.